Teen Camp Counselors
Become a Teen Camp Counselor for Swaner Summer Camp 2017!
Are you looking for a fun and engaging summer job??
Do you like working with youth? Apply to become a camp counselor at the Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter Summer Camps today!
Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter offers opportunities for responsible and excited teens to be summer camp counselors. Teen counselors lead campers in activities, help with set-up and clean-up, and ensure we maintain a fun, safe camp atmosphere! It’s a great way to gain leadership and teaching skills, build your resume, and have a fun and exciting summer!
There are two different camp counselor positions available in 2017. Teens in grades 9 through 12 that are under the age of 16 can apply to be a Camp Counselor I. Teens in grades 9 through 12, or who are graduating in 2017, who are 16 or older can apply to be a Camp Counselor II.
Camp Counselor I – Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2017 and younger than 16:
- Type of position: volunteer
- Benefits include: experience working with youth, leadership development, letters of recommendation, reference for future job applications, fun experiences
- Time Commitment: must attend 1-day training and commit to volunteering for at least 1 week of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
- Responsibilities include helping with set up and clean-up of camp, playing games with
campers, working with and leading small group activities, etc.
To apply to be a Camp Counselor I, you must submit your application by 5:00 PM on Friday, May 5th. Applications can be dropped off at the EcoCenter during open hours (Wednesday-Saturday, 10 am-4 pm)
or can be mailed to:
1258 Center Drive
Park City, UT 84098
Camp Counselor II—Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2017 who are 16 or older, or
teens that graduated from High School in 2017:
- Type of position: paid
- Benefits include: $8/hour, experience working with youth, leadership development, letters of recommendation, reference for future job applications, fun experiences
- Time Commitment: must attend 3-day training and commit to working at least 2 weeks of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
- Responsibilities include helping with set up and clean-up of camp, supervising small
groups of campers, helping with check in and check out, mentoring counselor I’s, playing
Applications for the counselor II position are only accepted through USU’s application system. All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter. Please visit the job posting to get more information on the position, as well as instructions on how to apply.
More information about the summer camps offered at Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter can be found here.