An environmental education and eco-service club for middle school students (6th - 8th grades) in Summit County
EcoClub members spend the year exploring the Swaner Preserve:
- Learning about wildlife from local scientists and experts
- Taking field trips
- Creating exhibits for the EcoCenter
- Engaging in citizen science
- Volunteering at the EcoCenter and in the community
- Expanding their knowledge about the environment
Swaner EcoClub meets twice a month from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm during the academic year (September through May) - see agenda for specific dates. There is a fee of $25.00 per student per year to join. There may also be occasional, nominal costs associated with club activities. Club size is limited to 15 participants.
Name: Jennie Groves
Position: Program Leader and Visitor Experience
Swaner would like to extend a thank you to Utah State University Extension, Park City Community Foundation, and Park City Rotary Club for their generous support of this program.