Children's Birthday Parties
Celebrate your child's birthday with a nature-themed party at the Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter!
You schedule the party and we take care of the rest.
Parties at Swaner are easy for adults and fun for kids! We take care of the details so that you, your child, and your guests may sit back and enjoy the party. Simply choose your party theme and prepare for a memorable experience!
Wilderness Explorers (ages 4-12)
Calling all explorers! Guests will dissect owl pellets and explore the Preserve with games and scavenger hunts. During the winter months, children will don snowshoes to search for signs of animals on the preserve.
Nature Art (ages 4-12)
This party is perfect for a creative child and their friends! Guests will create their very own native seed bombs to take home and plant, followed by an exploration of the Preserve to search for colors and shapes in nature.
Geocache Adventure (ages 7-12)
Are you ready for a high-tech treasure hunt? Learn how to use a Garmin GPS unit, then head out on the Preserve to search for hidden treasure boxes and learn more about Swaner.
Geocaching is only available in the spring and fall.
In instances of inclement weather, party guests will participate in alternate indoor activities relevant to each theme
When are parties offered?
- Saturdays & Sundays
- September through May (no parties offered June through August)
- 10:30 AM to 12 PM or 1:30 to 3:00 PM
How much does a party cost?
- $225 for a party group of up to 20 children and adults, including the birthday child and parents
- $10 for each additional guest, with a maximum party size of 25 children and adults
- Minimum of 2 adults are required per party. If your child is turning 4 to 6, we require 1 adult for every 5 children.
- Swaner members with a "Family" level membership receive a 10% discount on birthday parties! Please indicate if you are a current member or interested in becoming a member when booking.
What does the party package include?
- 90 minute, private reservation in our party room
- 1st hour: An experienced Swaner staff member will provide your child and guests with a program of your choice. See above for theme options.
- Final 30 minutes: This is time for your child and guests to enjoy refreshments, food,
and activities of your choice (such as gift opening) with support from Swaner staff.
- Tables, chairs, and eco-friendly tableware, including plates, cups, forks, spoons, and napkins. Swaner does not provide food or drink. Please do not bring ANY items that contain nuts of any kind!
- Modest nature-themed table covers and decorations.
- Nature-themed party favor for each youth guest.
When booking your party, ask about adding on our climbing wall experience!
Feel free to explore the EcoCenter after you scheduled party time has ended. Check in with our front desk staff for fun scavenger hunts, directions to our interpretative trail, and more!
To request to schedule a party, please complete the link below or contact Natalie
McHale, Youth Education Coordinator, at email@example.com or 435-797-8938. A Swaner Education team member will be in touch with you within
7 days to discuss your request. Please note that this form is not a confirmation of your party.
Deposits, Transfers, and Cancellations:
Party reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance and require a 50% deposit at time of booking. The remaining balance is due the day of the party. Cash, check, and credit card are all accepted forms of payment. Sorry, we cannot accept Discover cards.
Changes of date and cancellations received at least one week prior the scheduled party. Cancellations will received a refund of the deposit, minus a $25 administration fee. Changes of date less than one week in advance of the schedule party cannot be accommodated. Cancellations made less than one week in advance will not receive a refund of the paid deposit.
*No birthday parties are allowed at Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter unless they are booked through Swaner's birthday party program.