Teen Camp Counselors
Thanks for your interest in being a camp counselor at Swaner. We have already hired our team for 2019. Please check back in early 2020 for opportunities next summer!
Camp Counselor I – Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2019 (and 8th graders who successfully completed CIT), who are at least 14 years old and can work less than 2 or less weeks during the summer
- Type of position: volunteer
- Benefits include: experience working with youth, leadership development, letters of recommendation, reference for future job applications, fun experiences
- Time Commitment: must attend 2- to 3-day training and commit to volunteering for at least 1 week of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
- Responsibilities include helping with set up and clean-up of camp, playing games with campers, working with and leading small group activities, etc.
To apply to be a Camp Counselor I, you must submit your application by 5:00 PM on Friday, May 11th. Applications can be dropped off at the EcoCenter during open hours (Wednesday-Saturday, 10 am-4 pm) or can be mailed to:
1258 Center Drive
Park City, UT 84098
Camp Counselor II—Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2019, and 2019 high school graduates, who are 14 or older and can commit to at least 3 weeks of camp:
- Type of position: paid
- Benefits include: $8-10/hour DOE, experience working with youth, leadership development, letters of recommendation, reference for future job applications, fun experiences
- Time Commitment: must attend 2 to 3-day training and commit to working at least 3 weeks of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
- Responsibilities include helping with set up and clean-up of camp, supervising small groups of campers, helping with check in and check out, mentoring counselor I’s, playing games, etc.
To apply, fill out the on-line application, submit a cover letter addressing your interest and qualification for the position, as well as a resume. Please contact Katherine Veeder, Education Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (435)797-8942 with any questions you may have.
More information about the summer camps offered at Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter can be found here.