Teen Camp Counselors
Become a Teen Camp Counselor for Swaner Summer Camp 2019!
Are you looking for a fun and engaging summer job? Do you like working with youth? Apply to become a camp counselor at the Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter Summer Camps today!
Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter offers opportunities for responsible and excited teens to be summer camp counselors. Teen counselors lead campers in activities, help with set-up and clean-up, and ensure we maintain a fun, safe camp atmosphere! It’s a great way to gain leadership and teaching skills, build your resume, and have a fun and exciting summer!
There are two different camp counselor positions available in 2019.
Camp Counselor I: Volunteer position. Teens must commit to counselor training and at least one week of camp.
Camp Counselor II: Paid position. Teens must commit to counselor training and at least 3 weeks of camp.
Listed dates are tentative and subject to change.
|Monday, March 1st||Applications open|
|Friday, May 10th||Applications due by 5 PM|
|Monday, May 13th—24th||Interviews with Education team|
|Monday, May 27th||Job offers and schedules will be sent to selected applicants|
|Week of June 10th||Two to three day training—will be scheduled based on counselor availability|
|Monday, June 17th—August 16th||Camps in session|
|End of August||End of summer social|
Camp Counselor I – Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2019 (and 8th graders who successfully completed CIT), who are at least 14 years old and can work less than 2 or less weeks during the summer
- Type of position: volunteer
- Benefits include: experience working with youth, leadership development, letters of recommendation, reference for future job applications, fun experiences
- Time Commitment: must attend 2- to 3-day training and commit to volunteering for at least 1 week of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
- Responsibilities include helping with set up and clean-up of camp, playing games with campers, working with and leading small group activities, etc.
To apply to be a Camp Counselor I, you must submit your application by 5:00 PM on Friday, May 11th. Applications can be dropped off at the EcoCenter during open hours (Wednesday-Saturday, 10 am-4 pm) or can be mailed to:
1258 Center Drive
Park City, UT 84098
Camp Counselor II—Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2019, and 2019 high school graduates, who are 14 or older and can commit to at least 3 weeks of camp:
- Type of position: paid
- Benefits include: $8-10/hour DOE, experience working with youth, leadership development, letters of recommendation, reference for future job applications, fun experiences
- Time Commitment: must attend 2 to 3-day training and commit to working at least 3 weeks of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
- Responsibilities include helping with set up and clean-up of camp, supervising small groups of campers, helping with check in and check out, mentoring counselor I’s, playing games, etc.
To apply, fill out the on-line application, submit a cover letter addressing your interest and qualification for the position, as well as a resume. Please contact Katherine Veeder, Education Director, at email@example.com or (435)797-8942 with any questions you may have.
More information about the summer camps offered at Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter can be found here.